Art workshop by Jonathan Sainsbury
- Jonathan Sainsbury demonstrates drawing and painting in watercolour at a workshop at St Serf's Church, Comrie
- "I chose a piece of raspberry that was growing in the wildflower meadow behind the church for my demonstration piece. There was a mature, fruiting branch with a few leaves that were beginning to curl at the edge and a curve on the branch that had potential to create the central shape in the painting. I drew that first as a tiny sketch in pencil, placing a blackbird on it, eating the fruit. Behind that, I introduced a new shoot, a different green, growing straight, which is the growth and the fruiting for next year. It's a 'circle of life' picture.
- On the day I used the tiny pencil sketch to demonstrate drawing with charcoal on to watercolour paper, then adding watercolour to the image.
- Lots of people came to the day and enjoyed finding inspiration in the meadow, then working out their ideas in paint and charcoal and pastel inside.
- The picture will be auctioned in the near future to raise funds."